- Seoul National University (2013-2019)
- Major: Information Science and Culture, Economics
- Minor: Computer Science
- GPA: 4.17 / 4.3 (Top of the Class)
- Peking University (Fall 2017)
- University of California, Los Angeles (Fall 2015)
- Exchange Program
- GPA: 4.0/4.0
- Renmin Univeristy (Summer 2015)
- International Summer School
- GPA: 4.0/4.0
Honors & Awards
- SNU Presidential Award (Top of the class) (2019)
- 3rd Place, BMW Student Research Competition (2018)
- Grand Prize, HCI Korea 2017 Creative Award (2017)
- 3rd Place, Clova AI Idea Challenge (2017)
- 2nd, 3rd Place, SNU ISC Exhibition (2015)
- Best Paper Award, YoungEcon Seminar (2013)
- 3rd Place, College of Liberal Studies Academic Seminar (2013)
Scholarships & Grants
- BMW Student Research Grant ($2,000) (2018)
- Chinese Government Study Abroad Scholarship (Fall 2017)
- Undergraduate Research Program ($7,000) (2016)
- Korea Foundation for Advanced Studies Scholarship (2015-2016)
- Merit Scholarship (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Korean Small and Medium Business Administration STEM Start-up Funding ($10,000) (2014)
Publications (*Corresponding Author of All Papers)
- Seri Lee, Eun Jee Sung, Jieun Park, and Juhee Lee. “UGly-Net: Playful Exploration of U-Net for Glitch Effects.” NeurIPS 2019 Machine Learning for Creativity and Design Workshop. Poster.
- Eun Jee Sung, Hyesung Chung, Keunwook Kim, Jooseung You. “Honk? Talk!: Designing Driver-to-Driver Communication Methods for Social Driving.” In Proceedings of the International ACM SIGCHI Conference on Designing Interactive Systems. ACM, 2019.
- Eun Jee Sung, Leem, Sungmook, Sungjin Lee, and Ilyoung Jin. “MAMAS: Mealtime Assistance to Improve Eating Behavior of Children Using Magnetometer and Speech Recognition.” In Proceedings of the 20th International ACM SIGACCESS Conference on Computers and Accessibility, pp. 483-485. ACM, 2018.
- Deep Learning Researcher, ModuLabs R&D Center (2019-)
- Currently researching on video enhancement using video interpolation.
- Advising institute: Pulse9
- Undergraduate Research Intern, DxD Lab (2018)
- Advisor: Professor Hwajung Hong
- Worked on MAMAS, mealtime assistant using magnetometer and speech recognition.
- Tools: Tensorflow, Swift
- Undergraduate Research Program, HCC Lab (2017)
- Advisor: Professor Bongwon Suh
- Conducted research on user experience using smart speakers.
- Tool: node.js
- Undergraduate Research Intern, hci+d Lab (2016)
- Advisor: Professor Joonhwan Lee
- Designed and programmed experimental websites on Amazon Mechanical Turk.
- Junior Product Manager - Clova AI, Seoul, South Korea (2018-2019)
- Research, benchmark, and design AI/ML products
- Contributed to the concept of combined AI product integrating OCR, vision, NLP technology, which is now a main business strategy of Clova
- ISC Lab Assistant - ISC Lab, Seoul, South Korea (2016-2018)
- Assisted student with programming and designing for course assignments
- Managed developer environments and lab facilities including 3D printers, Arduinos, etc.
- President of Media Arts Club Cre8s (2016)
- “Goodie” (2017)
- “Young Artists” at Seoul Amway Gallery (2016)
Miscellaneous but Beloved 💖
Begesiro (Chrome Extension)
Cre8s Goodie (Exhibition)
Detective Novel Viz (Website)
Housing Price Viz, UW Workshop (InfoViz)
Housing Price Viz, UW Workshop -2 (InfoViz)
Political opinion shift (InfoViz)
The Skull (Animation)